2. God spoke to Moses , and said to him, "I am יהוה;
4. I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their travels, in which they lived as aliens.
5. Moreover I have heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered my covenant.
6. Therefore tell the children of Israel, 'I am יהוה, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm, and with great judgments:
7. and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God; and you shall know that I am יהוה your God, who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
10. יהוה spoke to Moses , saying,
11. "Go in, speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land."
12. Moses spoke before יהוה, saying, "Behold, the children of Israel haven't listened to me. How then shall Pharaoh listen to me, who am of uncircumcised lips?"
28. It happened on the day when יהוה spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
29. that יהוה spoke to Moses , saying, "I am יהוה. Speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I speak to you."
30. Moses said before יהוה, "Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh listen to me?"
2. You shall speak all that I command you; and Aaron your brother shall speak to Pharaoh, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
3. I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
4. But Pharaoh will not listen to you, and I will lay my hand on Egypt, and bring forth my armies, my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
5. The Egyptians shall know that I am יהוה, when I stretch forth my hand on Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them."
9. "When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, 'Perform a miracle!' then you shall tell Aaron , 'Take your rod, and cast it down before Pharaoh, that it become a serpent.'"
11. Then Pharaoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers. They also, the magicians of Egypt, did in like manner with their enchantments.
12. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron 's rod swallowed up their rods.
13. Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he didn't listen to them; as יהוה had spoken.
14. יהוה said to Moses , "Pharaoh's heart is stubborn. He refuses to let the people go.
15. Go to Pharaoh in the morning. Behold, he goes out to the water; and you shall stand by the river's bank to meet him; and the rod which was turned to a serpent you shall take in your hand.
16. You shall tell him, ' יהוה, the God of the Hebrews, has sent me to you, saying, "Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness:" and behold, until now you haven't listened.
17. Thus says יהוה, "In this you shall know that I am יהוה. Behold, I will strike with the rod that is in my hand on the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
18. The fish that are in the river shall die, and the river shall become foul; and the Egyptians shall loathe to drink water from the river."'"
19. יהוה said to Moses , "Tell Aaron , 'Take your rod, and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers, over their streams, and over their pools, and over all their ponds of water, that they may become blood; and there shall be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone.'"
20. Moses and Aaron did so, as יהוה commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and struck the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
21. The fish that were in the river died; and the river became foul, and the Egyptians couldn't drink water from the river; and the blood was throughout all the land of Egypt.
22. The magicians of Egypt did in like manner with their enchantments; and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he didn't listen to them; as יהוה had spoken.
23. Pharaoh turned and went into his house, neither did he lay even this to heart.
24. All the Egyptians dug around the river for water to drink; for they couldn't drink of the water of the river.
25. Seven days were fulfilled, after יהוה had struck the river.
1. יהוה spoke to Moses , Go in to Pharaoh, and tell him, "This is what יהוה says, 'Let my people go, that they may serve me.
2. If you refuse to let them go, behold, I will plague all your borders with frogs:
3. and the river shall swarm with frogs, which shall go up and come into your house, and into your bedchamber, and on your bed, and into the house of your servants, and on your people, and into your ovens, and into your kneading troughs:
4. and the frogs shall come up both on you, and on your people, and on all your servants.'"
6. Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.
7. The magicians did in like manner with their enchantments, and brought up frogs on the land of Egypt.
9. Moses said to Pharaoh, "I give you the honor of setting the time that I should pray for you, and for your servants, and for your people, that the frogs be destroyed from you and your houses, and remain in the river only."
10. He said, "Tomorrow." He said, "Be it according to your word, that you may know that there is none like יהוה our God.
11. The frogs shall depart from you, and from your houses, and from your servants, and from your people. They shall remain in the river only."
13. יהוה did according to the word of Moses , and the frogs died out of the houses, out of the courts, and out of the fields.
14. They gathered them together in heaps, and the land stank.
15. But when Pharaoh saw that there was a respite, he hardened his heart, and didn't listen to them, as יהוה had spoken.
17. They did so; and Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and struck the dust of the earth, and there were lice on man, and on animal; all the dust of the earth became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
18. The magicians tried with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they couldn't. There were lice on man, and on animal.
19. Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, "This is the finger of God:" and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he didn't listen to them; as יהוה had spoken.
20. יהוה said to Moses , "Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; behold, he comes forth to the water; and tell him, 'This is what יהוה says, "Let my people go, that they may serve me.
21. Else, if you will not let my people go, behold, I will send swarms of flies on you, and on your servants, and on your people, and into your houses: and the houses of the Egyptians shall be full of swarms of flies, and also the ground whereon they are.
22. I will set apart in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end you may know that I am יהוה in the midst of the earth.
23. I will put a division between my people and your people: by tomorrow shall this sign be."'"
24. יהוה did so; and there came grievous swarms of flies into the house of Pharaoh, and into his servants' houses: and in all the land of Egypt the land was corrupted by reason of the swarms of flies.
26. Moses said, "It isn't appropriate to do so; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to יהוה our God. Behold, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and won't they stone us?
27. We will go three days' journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to יהוה our God, as he shall command us."
28. Pharaoh said, "I will let you go, that you may sacrifice to יהוה your God in the wilderness, only you shall not go very far away. Pray for me."
29. Moses said, "Behold, I go out from you, and I will pray to יהוה that the swarms of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people, tomorrow; only don't let Pharaoh deal deceitfully any more in not letting the people go to sacrifice to יהוה."
30. Moses went out from Pharaoh, and prayed to יהוה.
31. יהוה did according to the word of Moses , and he removed the swarms of flies from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people. There remained not one.
32. Pharaoh hardened his heart this time also, and he didn't let the people go.
2. For if you refuse to let them go, and hold them still,
3. behold, the hand of יהוה is on your livestock which are in the field, on the horses, on the donkeys, on the camels, on the herds, and on the flocks with a very grievous pestilence.
4. יהוה will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt; and there shall nothing die of all that belongs to the children of Israel."'"
5. יהוה appointed a set time, saying, "Tomorrow יהוה shall do this thing in the land."
6. יהוה did that thing on the next day; and all the livestock of Egypt died, but of the livestock of the children of Israel, not one died.
7. Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not so much as one of the livestock of the Israelites dead. But the heart of Pharaoh was stubborn, and he didn't let the people go.
9. It shall become small dust over all the land of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking forth with boils on man and on animal, throughout all the land of Egypt."
10. They took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward the sky; and it became a boil breaking forth with boils on man and on animal.
11. The magicians couldn't stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boils were on the magicians, and on all the Egyptians.
12. יהוה hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he didn't listen to them, as יהוה had spoken to Moses .
13. יהוה said to Moses , "Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and tell him, 'This is what יהוה, the God of the Hebrews, says: "Let my people go, that they may serve me.
14. For this time I will send all my plagues against your heart, against your officials, and against your people; that you may know that there is none like me in all the earth.
15. For now I would have put forth my hand, and struck you and your people with pestilence, and you would have been cut off from the earth;
16. but indeed for this cause I have made you stand: to show you my power, and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth;
17. as you still exalt yourself against my people, that you won't let them go.
18. Behold, tomorrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail, such as has not been in Egypt since the day it was founded even until now.
19. Now therefore command that all of your livestock and all that you have in the field be brought into shelter. Every man and animal that is found in the field, and isn't brought home, the hail shall come down on them, and they shall die."'"
20. Those who feared the word of יהוה among the servants of Pharaoh made their servants and their livestock flee into the houses.
21. Whoever didn't respect the word of יהוה left his servants and his livestock in the field.
22. יהוה said to Moses , "Stretch forth your hand toward the sky, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, on man, and on animal, and on every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt."
23. Moses stretched forth his rod toward the heavens, and יהוה sent thunder, hail, and lightning flashed down to the earth. יהוה rained hail on the land of Egypt.
24. So there was very severe hail, and lightning mixed with the hail, such as had not been in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.
25. The hail struck throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and animal; and the hail struck every herb of the field, and broke every tree of the field.
26. Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, there was no hail.
28. Pray to יהוה; for there has been enough of mighty thunderings and hail. I will let you go, and you shall stay no longer."
29. Moses said to him, "As soon as I have gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands to יהוה. The thunders shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that you may know that the earth is יהוה.
30. But as for you and your servants, I know that you don't yet fear יהוה God."
31. The flax and the barley were struck, for the barley was in the ear, and the flax was in bloom.
32. But the wheat and the spelt were not struck, for they had not grown up.
33. Moses went out of the city from Pharaoh, and spread abroad his hands to יהוה; and the thunders and hail ceased, and the rain was not poured on the earth.
34. When Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants.
35. The heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he didn't let the children of Israel go, just as יהוה had spoken through Moses .