20. “You shall command the children of Israel, that they bring to you pure olive oil beaten for the light, to cause a lamp to burn continually.
21. In the tent of meeting, outside the veil which is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall keep it in order from evening to morning before יהוה: It shall be a statute forever throughout their generations on the behalf of the children of Israel.
1. “Bring, Aaron, your brother, and his sons with him, near to you from among the children of Israel, that he may minister to me in the priest’s office, even, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron sons.
2. You shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and for beauty.
3. You shall speak to all who are wise-hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they make, Aaron's garments to sanctify him, that he may minister to me in the priest’s office.
4. These are the garments which they shall make: a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a coat of checker work, a turban, and a sash: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, and his sons, that he may minister to me in the priest’s office.
5. They shall take the gold, and the blue, and the purple, and the scarlet, and the fine linen.
6. “They shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and purple, scarlet, and fine twined linen, the work of the skillful workman.
7. It shall have two shoulder pieces joined to the two ends of it, that it may be joined together.
8. The skillfully woven band, which is on it, that is on him, shall be like its work and of the same piece; of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
9. You shall take two onyx stones, and engrave on them the names of the children of Israel:
10. Six of their names on the one stone, and the names of the six that remain on the other stone, in the order of their birth.
11. With the work of an engraver in stone, like the engravings of a signet, shall you engrave the two stones, according to the names of the children of Israel: you shall make them to be enclosed in settings of gold.
12. You shall put the two stones on the shoulder straps of the ephod, to be stones of memorial for the children of Israel: and Aaron shall bear their names before יהוה on his two shoulders for a memorial.
13. You shall make settings of gold,
14. And two chains of pure gold; you shall make them like cords of braided work: and you shall put the braided chains on the settings.
15. “You shall make a breastplate of judgment, the work of the skillful workman; like the work of the ephod you shall make it; of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, shall you make it.
16. It shall be square and folded double; a span shall be its length, and a span its breadth.
17. You shall set in it settings of stones, four rows of stones: a row of ruby, topaz, and beryl shall be the first row;
18. And the second row a turquoise, a sapphire, and an emerald;
19. And the third row a jacinth, an agate, and an amethyst;
20. And the fourth row a chrysolite, an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be enclosed in gold in their settings.
21. The stones shall be according to the names of the children of Israel, twelve, according to their names; like the engravings of a signet, everyone according to his name, they shall be for the twelve tribes.
22. You shall make on the breastplate chains like cords, of braided work of pure gold.
23. You shall make on the breastplate two rings of gold, and shall put the two rings on the two ends of the breastplate.
24. You shall put the two braided chains of gold in the two rings at the ends of the breastplate.
25. The other two ends of the two braided chains you shall put on the two settings, and put them on the shoulder straps of the ephod in the forepart of it.
26. You shall make two rings of gold, and you shall put them on the two ends of the breastplate, on its edge, which is toward the side of the ephod inward.
27. You shall make two rings of gold, and shall put them on the two shoulder pieces of the ephod underneath, in the forepart of it, close by the coupling of it, above the skillfully woven band of the ephod.
28. They shall bind the breastplate by the rings of it to the rings of the ephod with a lace of blue, that it may be on the skillfully woven band of the ephod, and that the breastplate may not swing out from the ephod.
29. Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment on his heart, when he goes in to the holy place, for a memorial before יהוה continually.
30. You shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be on Aaron’s heart, when he goes in before יהוה: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel on his heart before יהוה continually.
31. “You shall make the robe of the ephod all of blue.
32. It shall have a hole for the head in the midst of it: it shall have a binding of woven work round about the hole of it, as it were the hole of a coat of mail, that it not be torn.
33. On its hem you shall make pomegranates of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, around its hem; and bells of gold between them round about:
34. A golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, on the hem of the robe round about.
35. It shall be on Aaron to minister: and the sound of it shall be heard when he goes into the holy place before יהוה, and when he comes out, that he not die.
36. “You shall make a plate of pure gold, and engrave on it, like the engravings of a signet, ‘HOLY TO יהוה.’
37. You shall put it on a lace of blue, and it shall be on the sash; on the front of the sash it shall be.
38. It shall be on Aaron’s forehead, and Aaron shall bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall make holy in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always on his forehead, that they may be accepted before יהוה.
39. You shall weave the coat in checker work of fine linen, and you shall make a turban of fine linen, and you shall make a sash, the work of the embroiderer.
40. “You shall make coats for Aaron’s sons, and you shall make sashes for them and headbands shall you make for them, for glory and for beauty.
41. You shall put them on Aaron your brother, and on his sons with him, and shall anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister to me in the priest’s office.
42. You shall make them linen breeches to cover the flesh of their nakedness; from the waist even to the thighs they shall reach:
43. They shall be on Aaron, and on his sons, when they go in to the tent of meeting, or when they come near to the altar to minister in the holy place; that they don’t bear iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute forever to him and to his descendants after him.
1. “This is the thing that you shall do to them to make them holy, to minister to me in the priest’s office: take one young bull and two rams without blemish,
2. Unleavened bread, unleavened cakes mixed with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil: you shall make them of fine wheat flour.
3. You shall put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket, with the bull and the two rams.
4. You shall bring Aaron and his sons to the door of the tent of meeting, and shall wash them with water.
5. You shall take the garments, and put on Aaron the coat, the robe of the ephod, the ephod, and the breastplate, and dress him with the skillfully woven band of the ephod;
6. And you shall set the turban on his head, and put the holy crown on the turban.
7. Then you shall take the anointing oil, and pour it on his head, and anoint him.
8. You shall bring his sons, and put coats on them.
10. “You shall bring the bull before the tent of meeting: and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the bull.
11. You shall kill the bull before יהוה, at the door of the tent of meeting.
12. You shall take of the blood of the bull, and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar.
13. You shall take all the fat that covers the innards, the cover of the liver, the two kidneys, and the fat that is on them, and burn them on the altar.
14. But the flesh of the bull, and its skin, and its dung, you shall burn with fire outside of the camp: it is a sin offering.
15. “You shall also take the one ram; and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the ram.
16. You shall kill the ram, and you shall take its blood, and sprinkle it around on the altar.
17. You shall cut the ram into its pieces, and wash its innards, and its legs, and put them with its pieces, and with its head.
18. You shall burn the whole ram on the altar: it is a burnt offering to יהוה; it is a sweet savor, an offering made by fire to יהוה.
19. “You shall take the other ram; and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the ram.
20. Then you shall kill the ram, and take some of its blood, and put it on the tip of the right ear of Aaron, and on the tip of the right ear of his sons, and on the thumb of their right hand, and on the big toe of their right foot, and sprinkle the blood on the altar round about.
21. You shall take of the blood that is on the altar, and of the anointing oil, and sprinkle it on Aaron, and on his garments, and on his sons, and on the garments of his sons with him: and he shall be made holy, and his garments, and his sons, and his sons’ garments with him.
22. Also you shall take some of the ram’s fat, the fat tail, the fat that covers the innards, the cover of the liver, the two kidneys, the fat that is on them, and the right thigh (for it is a ram of consecration),
23. And one loaf of bread, one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of unleavened bread that is before יהוה.
24. You shall put all of this in Aaron’s hands, and in his sons’ hands, and shall wave them for a wave offering before יהוה.
25. You shall take them from their hands, and burn them on the altar on the burnt offering, for a sweet savor before יהוה: it is an offering made by fire to יהוה.
26. “You shall take the breast of Aaron’s ram of consecration, and wave it for a wave offering before יהוה: and it shall be your portion.
27. You shall sanctify the breast of the wave offering, and the thigh of the wave offering, which is waved, and which is heaved up, of the ram of consecration, even of that which is for Aaron, and of that which is for his sons:
28. And it shall be for Aaron and his sons as their portion forever from the children of Israel; for it is a heave offering: and it shall be a heave offering from the children of Israel of the sacrifices of their peace offerings, even their heave offering to יהוה.
29. “The holy garments of Aaron shall be for his sons after him, to be anointed in them, and to be consecrated in them.
30. Seven days shall the son who is priest in his place put them on, when he comes into the tent of meeting to minister in the holy place.
31. “You shall take the ram of consecration, and boil its flesh in a holy place.
32. Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that is in the basket, at the door of the tent of meeting.
33. They shall eat those things with which atonement was made, to consecrate and sanctify them: but a stranger shall not eat of it, because they are holy.
34. If anything of the flesh of the consecration, or of the bread, remains to the morning, then you shall burn the remainder with fire: it shall not be eaten, because it is holy.
35. “Thus shall you do to Aaron, and to his sons, according to all that I have commanded you. Seven days shall you consecrate them.
36. Every day shall you offer the bull of sin offering for atonement: and you shall cleanse the altar, when you make atonement for it; and you shall anoint it, to sanctify it.
37. Seven days you shall make atonement for the altar, and sanctify it: and the altar shall be most holy; whatever touches the altar shall be holy.
38. Now this is that which you shall offer on the altar: two lambs a year old day by day continually.
39. The one lamb you shall offer in the morning; and the other lamb you shall offer at evening:
40. And with the one lamb a tenth part of an ephah of fine flour mixed with the fourth part of a hin of beaten oil, and the fourth part of a hin of wine for a drink offering.
41. The other lamb you shall offer at evening, and shall do to it according to the meal offering of the morning, and according to its drink offering, for a sweet savor, an offering made by fire to יהוה.
42. It shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the door of the tent of meeting before יהוה, where I will meet with you, to speak there to you.
43. There I will meet with the children of Israel; and the place shall be sanctified by my glory.
44. I will sanctify the tent of meeting and the altar: Aaron also and his sons I will sanctify, to minister to me in the priest’s office.
45. I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.
46. They shall know that I am יהוה their God, who brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them: I am יהוה their God.
1. “You shall make an altar to burn incense on. You shall make it of acacia wood.
2. Its length shall be a cubit, and its breadth a cubit. It shall be square, and its height shall be two cubits. Its horns shall be of one piece with it.
3. You shall overlay it with pure gold, the top of it, the sides of it around it, and its horns; and you shall make a gold molding around it.
4. You shall make two golden rings for it under its molding; on its two ribs, on its two sides you shall make them; and they shall be for places for poles with which to bear it.
5. You shall make the poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold.
6. You shall put it before the veil that is by the ark of the testimony, before the mercy seat that is over the testimony, where I will meet with you.
7. Aaron shall burn incense of sweet spices on it every morning. When he tends the lamps, he shall burn it.
8. When Aaron lights the lamps at evening, he shall burn it, a perpetual incense before יהוה throughout your generations.
9. You shall offer no strange incense on it, nor burnt offering, nor meal offering; and you shall pour no drink offering on it.
10. Aaron shall make atonement on its horns once in the year; with the blood of the sin offering of atonement once in the year he shall make atonement for it throughout your generations. It is most holy to יהוה.”